Wednesday, November 10, 2010

We can use soup.

As I sat down to grace you with my presence, ahem, write my daily blog, I asked Brody what we should write about today. Sometimes I come up short with words. {Imagine that, I know.}


Being he has the nasty flu bug that I had two weeks ago, he helped me throw ingredients into the crock pot this morning for a delicious treat of homemade chicken noodle soup. He thought for a moment and I am not really sure if he has any idea what I was talking about, but he did reply.


"We could always use soup."
-Brody Peyton

Your right Brody. We can always use soup. Everyone in the world, every person that we pass by unsuspecting in the stores or parking lots could use a big bowl of soup. We all have our trials that we are facing. But the question is... how often do we extend our hearts to those that may have just lost a child, a job, a pet, or even their way. We can be their chicken soup, and they will appreciate it.


Trust me, I know...

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Ghandi

3 comments:

charis said...

that is funny. i understand where he is at; i have been sick the past several days and the fever makes my thoughts jumbled. great way to turn it into an analogy.

Cally said...

Aww! You got the chicken noodle soup idea from me didn't you? Lol. This is cute, and I love the way you spun the soup! Kids say the darndest thing. :))

Tina said...

Dear Megan,

I'm trying to imagine that! LOL!
I'm sorry to hear that Brody is not feeling too well. I'm praying for him. I didn't have the Flu, but I had a terrible intestinal virus! Yuck! When he threw the stuff in the pot did he hit it in the inside or the outside? LOL! Sorry, but this is the side of me you haven't seen yet! But seriously I'm sorry he's not feeling well! Just keep giving him that home made chicken soup!

How right you are, that we could be someone's chicken soup! and help them feel better!

All my Love & Prayers
Sis in Christ
Tina