Monday, December 6, 2010

When the crickets chirp.

There has been a silence around this page recently. In the beginning after Savannah passed I didn't post everyday. Of course I was finding myself busy with funeral arrangements and wrapping my mind around the fact that I had just lost my anticipated fourth child. Lately, with the wonderful Christmas season upon us I have found myself busy yet again. 
As I mentioned in my earlier post, life is good again. Savannah's memories will always linger, but my husband and I smiled as we talked about how the pain lingers no more. Last night, we agreed it was time to pack up her stuff until the time we might need it again. You know, with the whole 50-50 chance thing. We know that we want different furniture for the next baby. Savannah never did and will never use the room. That's okay. It was her's. We will always remember "Savannah's room." She has a much better home now. 

Saying goodbye is a positive thing. We accept that she is gone. She will always be "ours," but she has passed like a spring breeze. The love in our hearts is the important thing to always keep around. Though my blog posts have become fewer, I still plan on writing. On Savannah's first birthday I plan on making this blog into a book. 
Remembering Savannah.
A year of grief and growth.

There was sadness, but there has been tremendous growth as well. I feel like a better person because of that special soul that graced us with her presence for eight short days. Eight days, I will always be grateful. 

Savannah, mommy and daddy are still keeping their promise to you little one.
The promise we made to you in our arms your last night...

That we will always be together.
Coming up on seven years December 27th,
precious girl... with many years of love to spare!

But 2011? It might just be one of the best years of our lives.
 Pink or blue... you tell me?
*Smiles & Winks*


6 comments:

Danielle said...

Savannah has passed our way and moved all of us in certain directions. I know not what direction I am going but I do know that this small, sweet and innocent child has left an impression on my heart. She has urged me to be kinder and less judgemental, she showed me that life is short and you need to be right with who you are in life. Thank you Megan and Koady for blessing the world with this angel and being gracious enough to let go of her and know that she is where she was originally meant to be. We all will forever miss her but I know one day we will see her again.

Tiffany said...

so very moving. yes, we are all better people because of our little ones. wonderfully said. and i think that a book is an amazing way to document ms. Savannah's life and impact in this world.

Cally said...

Do I get a vote? I say PINK!! <3 I love you guys and good luck!

charis said...

making a book is a great idea! love it.

Fields said...

I think making it into a book is a great way to honor her memory. Time goes on but everyone of us who has been reading, has fallen in love with her and we will never forget. I'm praying for a healthy new year for you and your family and especially for a little bundle of joy in PINK (though I love blue too)!

Nadine said...

Thank you for the sweet comment you left! I appreciated it so much :)