Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Everything rides on hope now.

Getting "pregnant" like I said before was to say the least, getting a little discouraging. Two days before finding out I was indeed expecting, I hit my breaking point. What was the trigger you might wonder? A simple picture on facebook of....

Someone's positive pee pee stick.

Yep, that's all. I went up the stairs to my bedroom, and cried. Hysterically. In a moment of sure selfishness and self pitty, I thought it would never happen to me. To finally hold a healthy baby that was mine to keep. Koady came into the room and held me, silently, as I cried. And just when I had no more tears to cry, a song came on the lightly playing radio in the background.

"Everything rides on hope now.
Everything rides on faith somehow.
When the world has broken me down.
This love sets me free."

The gasps for air, were quickly silenced. I knew the song. I had heard it a million times. It was and is on my playlist right here at A Story Unfolding. "Okay God," I thought. "Your speaking to me through songs again." I intently listened.

"When my life is like a storm,
Rising waters all I want is the shore.
You say it'll be okay,
and I''ll make it through the rain.

You are my shelter from the storm."


I knew right then, that I was focusing too much on what I didn't have at that moment. But everything rides on hope now. Hope that I would have that baby in my arms someday. Everything rides on faith somehow. Faith that God has our plans cradled in the palm of His hands. Like my husband said, "this baby will come when it's God's perfect time. And not a moment sooner."

Little did we know...
...Two days later...
...would be His perfect time.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

that song speaks to me as well. i think i heard it yesterday morning when my alarm went off. congrats again my friend! i'm hoping that the song holds true for me too. i feel as though faith and hope are slipping away. and i'm just trying to hold on...