Monday, December 13, 2010

When baby say's "Dada."

What a wonderful weekend getaway. It was much needed, and much overdue! Although it was a short trip, since Koady used up all of his vacation time with Savannah's passing, I wouldn't have missed out on our first opportunity to get out of town!

The morning we left Koady woke to tell me about a very special dream he had. He described to me that because Savannah isn't here with us and we will never have milestones to share, his dream made him so proud.

He saw Savannah, as a bright and beautiful two year old and she was so excited to see her daddy! She had four teeth on the top, and four teeth on the bottom. Her beautiful straight brown hair came down to her shoulders. She looked at him and repeatedly said, "dada, dada."

He was proud and glowing for the rest of the trip.
I like to think those were Savannah's first words.
"Dada."

The rest of the trip was fun, and filled with family memories. Since it is late, I will just share some pictures...


{Don't mind the angle,
the hood of the car was our tripod.}


{Taking a picture of ME,
taking a picture of HER!}


{Sitting in traffic.}
{True Love.}

 {Christmas Lights BEFORE 
I changed the shutter speed.}
{I thought it was pretty though!}



{Michael David was the only one
willing to take photographs!}



{The flash was SO bright!}



{Peace on Earth.}

*Hoping everyone has their OWN
special holiday traditions*

4 comments:

Cally said...

So glad you guys had a wonderful time! <3

Fields said...

I think that dream was a special gift from God! I'm so glad you had a good time.

Stacey said...

Aww what a wonderful dream =)

Danielle said...

I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out after reading your story and looking at the pictures. I just realized that after all these years, this is the first family picture we have ever gotten. Thank You Savannah for helping to soften all of us in our ways of thinking. You will always share in the new tradition of Christmas Tree Lane.
I Love You Sweet Girl!;)