Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Growing up so fast!

My dearest Savannah,

You are becoming such a big girl! Where has the time gone that it has been three months since you were welcomed into our world. I've always said that once you have children time really does speed up. Your brothers and sisters left their baby years behind all too quickly as well. But when you've lost a baby? When I gave you back to the Lord Savannah, time has gone by even more quickly than I remember. Seems like just yesterday I held you in my arms for the first and last time. Oh how I wish I could hold you once more...

Thanksgiving is day after tomorrow! Your first major holiday. I thought Halloween was hard since before you were born I would ask daddy about what he thought you should dress up as. But Thanksgiving? All of the family is gathering together, but our family? Our family will be short by one. We are going to Grammy's this year, and celebrating it with your aunts, uncles, and cousins. As I think about going, I imagine what this holiday would be like if you were here with us. Getting you dressed up in your finest little outfit. {Probably matching sister, since I have always wanted to do that with two girls.} Packing a diaper bag filled with everything that would get us through the afternoon and evening away. Arriving, and having Grammy steal you from my arms and spoil you with her love. Dipping my finger in the mashed potatoes and gravy and chuckling at the face you might make at the new taste. 

My favorite holiday, Christmas, is right around the corner. Savannah, you would have grown up with the same love! I can't imagine how wonderful your  Christmas will be getting to spend it with Christ himself. Ask Him for me, if he can show you some of the wonderful things that goes with the holiday. Baking cookies, sipping hot chocolate, decorating a tree... basking in the glow of magical light decoations. I know He would do that for you. After all, I know how much He loves you!

I wrote out my Christmas letters this week Savannah. I included you. You will always be apart of our family precious girl!

I spent time in your room the other night, sweetpea. And being I've been listening to Christmas music lately, I imagined rocking you and singing Christmas lullabyes as I've done with each of your brothers and sister. And since you can't be here for me to rock and sing to you, I am sending my favorite Christmas song up to heaven...

Happy Three Months Savannah.
All my love,

-Mommy

c Silent night.... Holy night. c
All is calm. All is bright.
Round yon Virgin, Mother and Child.
Holy Infant, so tender and mild.
Sleep in heavenly peace...
Sleep in heavenly peace.














c Silent night... Holy night. c
 Son of God, Love's pure light.
Radiant beams from Thy holy face.
With the dawn of redeeming grace.
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth...
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth.












c Silent night. Holy night. c
Shepherds quake, at the sight.
Glories stream from heaven afar.
Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia.
Christ the Savior is born...
Christ the Savior is born.
















2 comments:

Cally said...

In the pic of the socks.. Serenity has that exact pack on the left.. <3

Don't you just love baby socks?
Oh wait! I know you do! ;)

Fields said...

I've always liked that song, but now it seems that much more special. Sleep in heavenly peace sweet Savannah.