Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfuls in 2010

The other day a friend asked what we were thankful for this year. I couldn't answer right away like I usually can. Not because I am lacking in the "being thankful" department, but because this year, I really wanted to think about what being "thankful" really means to me. Especially after all my husband and I have been through in 2010. So here it is. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Blessings to you all!

::God::
First and foremost, I am thankful for the Lord.
He makes every trial in my life easier. He has shown
me the answers I sometimes lack through reading the bible.
His divine love for me gets me through each day
that he lays before me.
I know with every hurt I may face,
He is the ONE that is always there for me...
And He always will be.

::My Husband::
The one who has been through everything
you could experience with a person, and still stands by my side.
The one that my love grows for each passing year.
He cares so much for his family, and would do anything for us.
Loving husband, and father.
He gets me, and accepts each quirk and flaw regaurdless.

::My Children::
This is the first year, I've ever known how lucky I am.
They really are gifts that can sometimes be taken for granted.
They have grown into beautiful little people.
They are God fearing, God loving souls.
And not a day passes that they don't make my heart smile.
I thank God everyday for letting me keep them.

::Savannah Victoria::
My girl. My angel sent from above.
The one that taught me more life lessons than,
I've experienced in my entire life.
The soul that my husband and I created that stares into
the face of God, and is rocked by angels.
There is no one more deserving of this perfect creation than Christ.

She has made me thankful for the time we are given.

For making peace with ourselves.

For finding happiness in our everyday lives.

For my health, and my families health.
Every breath we take.

For being a mother. Being her mother.

For being a Christian.

For knowing that heaven awaits us when our
journey here is over.

::For Church::
A home for learning, and growing.

::My husbands job::
And the fact he works so hard at it.
So many people aren't blessed to have what we
have in this economy.

::The thought of another baby
in the upcoming year::
Enough said.
Everyone loves a baby.

::The friends I already had,
and the friends that I have made::
I've said to my husband that in times like these,
you find out who will really be there for you no matter what.
Sadly... we've discovered there are very few.
But the one's that HAVE been there for us NOW,
we are so thankful for you,
and you will always mean the world to us.

::Every person who has donated to
the UC Davis miracle network::
Without your donations,
some of Savannah's medical wouldn't have been covered.

::My mom and dad::
They have gone above and beyond for us this year,
in regaurds to Savannah.
They put their lives on hold to make sure
we got to be there with her.
They were there not only for me and the kids,
but for Koady as well.
If you love me, you better love my husband.
And they have done that.

::Comments on my blog::
Such simple words are so touching and moving to me.
The fact that friends care enough to say something means alot.
You acknowlege Savannah. You remember Savannah.
You care.

These are my thankfuls.
This year I am grateful for so many things.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

your strength/grace is inspiring. ♥ i do hope to get to the point where i can be "thankful". i'm working on it. but your post made me realize that there are still things in life to be grateful for.

Cally said...

I so glad to finally see what you are Thankful for!
You certainly have alot to be thankful for!

I am also thankful for having you as a friend. <3

I love you, little miss Savannah, your friendship, and your sweet {Not so-} little family, even though we only see and speak from the confined spaces of our computer screen.

I am thankful for the support you have given me though the short time we've known each other, and I am thankful that you feel the same way.

<3
With love,
Cally & Serenity.

Deorah said...

I'm thankful for you and Koady. Watching the two of you through the years, seeing (or hearing about) the struggles the two of you have gone through. Not every couple would have come out the other side of those stronger than ever.

You both have come so far and grown so much. I am SO proud of you both and the family you have created.

And you Megan.....I don't know if I could have handled all of this with the grace and strength that you have. You, my niece, are an amazing woman, wife and mother. I have learned from you through all of this, and for that I will always be thankful to you and our beautiful Miss Savannah.

I love you

Auntie